Community Garden Volunteers needed on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Our vegetable plants and herbs are growing! We’d love some help taking care of them. This volunteer opportunity is open to anyone. NKC clients can earn V.I.P. credit. Please see a case manager for details.
FREE SUMMER MEALS IN NORTHERN KENT COUNTY
MEIJER TEES UP DONATIONS TO NORTH KENT CONNECT
We are so grateful to Meijer for donating four pallets of fresh foods and much-needed staples on May 7, 2019 for our pantry. What a great start to the Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give!
Vision: A community of thriving people.
Mission: North Kent Connect is a Christian organization committed to improving the lives of all people in northern Kent County by providing access to basic needs and promoting economic independence.
“WE CARE, WE MEET YOU WHERE YOU’RE AT, AND WE LOVE YOU TOO MUCH TO LEAVE YOU THERE.”
HOW YOU CAN HELP
What have you done today? Do something amazing by helping change the lives of your neighbors. There are lots of ways you can make a difference:
- Host a food or clothing drive.
- Donate your gently used clothing, household goods, and more.
- Support NKC financially.
Do something awesome today. Join with us to serve our community in northern Kent County.
APPLY FOR MI BRIDGES WITH US
We are happy to announce that we are now able to assist our clients with applying for MI Bridges. Meet with our MI Bridges Navigator to apply today.
Using MI Bridges You Can:
- Apply for benefits using a simplified and easy to understand application
- Explore resources and save them to your MI Bridges profile
- Easily view detailed benefit information or letters sent from MDHHS
- View verifications requested by MDHHS and upload documents to your case
- Report changes about your case or renew your benefits
- Use MI Bridges in English, Spanish, or Arabic from your phone or computer
HEALTHY FOOD POLICY
When you walk into The Market (formerly the Food Pantry) you won’t see shelves of macaroni and cheese, Pop-Tarts, Fruit Loops, and Ramen noodles. Instead you’ll see a counter of fresh produce and shelves of whole grain pasta, dried beans, and low-sugar cereals.
Learn more about the Healthy Food Policy by visiting our Healthy Food Initiatives page and help us fill our Market with fresh, nutritious food by hosting a food drive.