Who We Are
Frequently Asked Questions
We serve approximately 5,000 individuals every year.
North Kent Connect is not a government agency; we are funded by individuals, churches, businesses, civic organizations and foundations. The following breakdown represents pre-audited financial statement data.
Civic Organizations: 6%
We receive about 90% of our food from you, the community. The other 10% is purchased at a reduced rate through various channels.
North Kent Connect has 10 staff members. Over 140 regular volunteers serve at NKC over the course of a year, not including the numerous groups that take on specific projects.
North Kent Connect is an ecumenical Christian organization. We are supported by many religious denominations.
A Community of Thriving People
North Kent Connect is a Christian organization committed to improving the lives of all people in northern Kent County by providing access to basic needs and promoting economic independence.
- All people are created in the image of God. All people are precious to God.
- We care for those in need with love and grace.
- We believe in neighbors helping neighbors through partnerships.
- We celebrate the diversity of people and treat everyone with compassion, dignity and respect.
- We empower people to make positive changes in their lives.
- We are good stewards of our resources.
How May We Help?
North Kent Connect
10075 Northland Drive NE
Rockford, MI 49341 Map
Community Connections Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
North Kent Connect Store Public Hours:
Tuesday and Friday
9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
West Michigan Works! Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed 12:00-1:00 p.m. for lunch