Who We Are

Frequently Asked Questions

We serve approximately 5,000 individuals every year. 

North Kent Connect is not a government agency; we are funded by individuals, churches, businesses, civic organizations and foundations. The following breakdown represents pre-audited financial statement data. 

Individuals: 44%
Businesses: 18%
Churches: 13% 
Other: 12%
Foundations: 7%
Civic Organizations: 6%

We receive about 90% of our food from you, the community. The other 10% is purchased at a reduced rate through various channels. 

We serve households north of the Grand River to 22 Mile Road and East and West to the county lines. You can view our service area map and how our service area compares to other area agencies.

Please see our wish list for a list of our current needs.

North Kent Connect could not serve our neighbors in need without our generous and dedicated volunteers. Please visit our Volunteer Needs page to learn more about what's available, or contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Cassie LaMacchia, via email

North Kent Connect has 10 staff members. Over 140 regular volunteers serve at NKC over the course of a year, not including the numerous groups that take on specific projects. 

North Kent Connect is an ecumenical Christian organization. We are supported by many religious denominations.

A Community of Thriving People

North Kent Connect is a Christian organization committed to improving the lives of all people in northern Kent County by providing access to basic needs and promoting economic independence.

Core Values

  • All people are created in the image of God. All people are precious to God.
  • We care for those in need with love and grace.
  • We believe in neighbors helping neighbors through partnerships.
  • We celebrate the diversity of people and treat everyone with compassion, dignity and respect.
  • We empower people to make positive changes in their lives.
  • We are good stewards of our resources.

Quick Links:
How May We Help?

North Kent Connect

10075 Northland Drive NE
Rockford, MI 49341 Map
Phone: 616-866-3478

Community Connections Hours: 
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. 

North Kent Connect Store Public Hours:
Tuesday and Friday
9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. 
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

West Michigan Works! Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed 12:00-1:00 p.m. for lunch