Want to Volunteer? Opportunities to Help North Kent Connect
- We are looking for Thrive Empowerment Partners, childcare, or snacks for approximately six women in our Thrive Empowerment Program, the first and third Mondays, May-November.
- Provide fellowship, coffee, and snacks to seniors on Senior Pantry Day, once a month on Thursdays 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- For younger children, draw happy pictures and write “Have a nice day” to have available at our Senior Pantry.
- Invite NKC representative to speak at your youth group, worship service, seniors’ group, etc.
The Market Pantry
- Pick up bread and food at grocery stores, bakeries, or farms.
- Prepare, plant, and weed raised garden beds.
- Find simple recipes using common items in our Market. We will distribute to our clients.
- Weigh and package dog and cat food.
- Check out our Amazon wish list.
- Help out at one of our partner farms – Plainsong Farm on 12 Mile Rd.
- Collect recycled cans with proceeds earmarked for the NKC Market.
- Do a scavenger hunt in the neighborhood and collect toilet paper or other personal care items.
- Plant spring flowers.
- Pay to salt our driveway in the wintertime. It can be expensive, and we want to keep people safe.
- Clean the carpets, Market, shelving, waiting area, and other areas at NKC.
- Organize a car wash with proceeds donated to NKC.
- Straighten and cleanup store display areas, including wiping down racks. Tuesday or Wednesday from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. or from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Tuesday or Wednesday. Maximum of 3 volunteers at one time.
Have another idea? Contact Dawn Ellis at email@example.com or 616-866-3478, ext. 341. Thank you for partnering with us!