You Can Help North Kent Connect Families In Need This Christmas…
When you donate to the “Tree of Hope,” you are giving the gift of dignity to our clients. They will be able to purchase these new, unwrapped, items at a very low cost (only $1-$5 per item) at the North Kent Connect Client-Only Christmas Store.
Please donate NEW, unwrapped items of:
- Winter Coats
- Winter Boots
- Snow Pants
- Socks & Underwear
- Sheets & Blankets
- Pillows (Standard)
- Bath & Hand Towels
HOLIDAY FOOD DRIVE
Sign up here: https://forms.gle/V2cLtjphkZM8DuK3A
We provide these healthy food options to our clients year round, but especially during the lean winter months when resources are scarce. Your donations help us to continue to keep our Pantry stocked. Food & personal care items are always free to NKC clients.
- Low-sugar cereal/Oatmeal
- Pasta (all varieties)
- Canned low-sugar fruits
- Canned tomatoes
- Canned vegetables
- Laundry soap
- Baby wipes
- Diapers sizes 4, 5 & 6
NKC Thrift Store Donations
- Clothing – Clean and in any condition except wet, covered in pet hair, or with an unpleasant odor
- Handbags and luggage
- Clean domestics – Curtains, linens, bedspreads, blankets
- Records, CDs, videos, DVDs
- Working electronics – CD & DVD players, game systems, radios
- Small working appliances – Blenders, mixers, microwaves, toasters, toaster ovens
- Housewares – Dishes, glasses, flatware, utensils, vases, lamps
- Collectibles, knick-knacks and decorations
- Sporting goods, exercise equipment and bicycles – No treadmills
- Toys and clean stuffed animals
Donations can be dropped off Monday – Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday – Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at south side of the building.
- Anything broken, damaged, rusted, or not working
- Computers and monitors
- Automobile parts of any kind – tires, rims, hubcaps
- Bathroom and kitchen fixtures
- Hazardous materials – Household chemicals, insecticides
- Cribs, playpens, car seats
- Large working appliances – Washers, dryers, stoves
- Home repair materials – windows, doors, lumber, drywall
- Weapons – guns, knives, collectible swords, ammunition
- Recalled items
- Rugs or carpets
- Playground equipment
- Patio furniture
Donation Protocol for Donated Meat (Venison, Pork and Beef):
Every year around this time, we have an abundance of calls about donations of Venison (deer) meat and 4H animal donations. We would love to be able to give donated meat away in our Free Pantry to our clients. It is a great way to provide healthy protein options for our Clients.
However, unless the it is labeled and packaged according to these guidelines provided to us by MDARD we CANNOT accept it. We cannot accept home processed and packaged venison under any circumstance.
Venison: must be processed by a MDARD licensed facility and be properly labeled.
Beef and Pork: must be processed at a facility that can have the meat USDA inspected.
The meat must be properly labeled with: The Cut of the meat, weight, name and address of responsible party, and have the USDA seal of inspection.