*** NOTE: We are unable to accept in-person or drop-off food donations at this time. All thrift store drop-offs are also suspended until further notice. ***
Donation Protocol for Donated Meat (Venison, Pork and Beef):
Every year around this time, we have an abundance of calls about donations of Venison (deer) meat and 4H animal donations. We would love to be able to give donated meat away in our Free Pantry to our clients. It is a great way to provide healthy protein options for our Clients.
However, unless the it is labeled and packaged according to these guidelines provided to us by MDARD we CANNOT accept it. We cannot accept home processed and packaged venison under any circumstance.
Venison: must be processed by a MDARD licensed facility and be properly labeled.
Beef and Pork: must be processed at a facility that can have the meat USDA inspected.
The meat must be properly labeled with: The Cut of the meat, weight, name and address of responsible party, and have the USDA seal of inspection.
NKC Thrift Store Donations
- Clothing – Clean and in any condition except wet, covered in pet hair, or with an unpleasant odor
- Handbags and luggage
- Clean domestics – Curtains, linens, bedspreads, blankets
- Records, CDs, videos, DVDs
- Working electronics – CD & DVD players, game systems, radios
- Small working appliances – Blenders, mixers, microwaves, toasters, toaster ovens
- Housewares – Dishes, glasses, flatware, utensils, vases, lamps
- Collectibles, knick-knacks and decorations
- Sporting goods, exercise equipment and bicycles – No treadmills
- Toys and clean stuffed animals
Donations can be dropped off Monday – Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday – Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at south side of the building.
- Anything broken, damaged, rusted, or not working
- Computers and monitors
- Automobile parts of any kind – tires, rims, hubcaps
- Bathroom and kitchen fixtures
- Hazardous materials – Household chemicals, insecticides
- Cribs, playpens, car seats
- Large working appliances – Washers, dryers, stoves
- Home repair materials – windows, doors, lumber, drywall
- Weapons – guns, knives, collectible swords, ammunition
- Recalled items
- Rugs or carpets
- Playground equipment
- Patio furniture