North Kent Connect partners with local businesses and organizations to bring clients and community members a series of free, educational, and hands-on classes. The classes focus on a variety of different topics and are held at NKC. Updated NKC clients earn VIP credit for attending classes. All classes are free and open to the public.
- Yoga – Wednesdays (5:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
- Eat Smart, Live Strong Session III – Thurs. 5/9 (11:00 am – 12:30 pm)
- Community Conversation – Tues. 5/14 (12:00 pm – 1:00 pm)
- Parent Café: Positive Self Esteem – Wed. 5/15 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Keys to Embracing Aging Session I – Mon. 5/20 (1:00 pm – 2:30 pm)
- The Foodies – Tues. 5/21 (4:30 pm – 5:30 pm)
- Eat Smart, Live Strong Session IV – Thurs. 5/23 (11:00 am – 12:30 pm)
- Home Repair Services – Thurs. 5/30 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
View the full calendar of classes offered this year, as well as classes and events, on Facebook.
CLASSES AND CLIENT V.I.P.
When clients participate in classes, they can earn a gift card to the North Kent Connect Store, as a part of the V.I.P Plan. The V.I.P Plan encourages clients to volunteer in the community or invest in themselves by taking a class.
WEST MICHIGAN WORKS! SATELLITE SITE AT NORTH KENT CONNECT
North Kent Connect now offers services to help people find jobs. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m., West Michigan Works! will help people with resume building, writing cover letters, and more at the NKC location. Anyone can use West Michigan Works! Services. You do not have to be a client of NKC. (Please note that West Michigan Works! will be closed from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. for lunch)
West Michigan Works! is a workforce development firm that aims to develop Michigan’s economic future, and helps others take the next step in a new career, free of charge. Those who come in will have access to the computer lab, printing, and fax services.
For more information about West Michigan Works! and to see upcoming hiring events and workshop schedules, please visit westmiworks.org.