Donor Relations Manager (25-40 hours/week)
North Kent Connect seeks a dynamic go-getter who is skilled in listening and building authentic relationships. This is a new position, the first time NKC has had a professional dedicated solely to fundraising. We are seeking someone who fits well with the culture at NKC and our incredible staff of 15. The chosen candidate will be working closely with the executive director who has a background in fund development and sales.
The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance and grow revenue for the NKC ministry with the guidance of the Executive Director. The focus of the Donor Relations Manager is two-fold. The priority for year one is to work with the Executive Director, consultant, and volunteers in raising the remaining $1.1 million dollars for the NKC expansion. Upon completion of the campaign, the scope of the position involves creating and managing a comprehensive donor relations plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary Duties for Year One – Capital Campaign
- Coordinate all logistics of NKC capital campaign donor events and meetings.
- Support executive director’s work with major donors.
- Ensure that campaign progress reports are up-to-date.
- Work with campaign consultant on identifying prospective funders.
- Follow up with capital campaign donors.
- Give tours, contact people mostly by phone and in person.
- Work with database coordinator to oversee acknowledgement of all campaign gifts and pledges.
- Keep accurate spreadsheets of contacts and action steps.
- Provide reports (data analytics) for the board of directors.
- Continue stewardship of capital campaign donors.
Primary Duties for Year Two – Ongoing donor relations efforts
- Create Annual Fund Development Plan with measurable goals.
- Cultivate mid-level donors up to $5,000.
- Establish monthly donor program.
- Follow up with two annual appeals.
- Solicit sponsorships for major fall fundraiser.
- Solicit in-kind donations as needed.
- Implement a Donor Stewardship Plan to recognize and engage donors of all levels.
- Other duties as assigned by executive director.
- Must embrace the mission of North Kent Connect.
- Prior experience in sales or professional fundraising; experience working on a capital campaign a plus.
- Good networker.
- Capacity to build authentic professional relationships and engage people in the NKC ministry; meet face-to-face.
- Tenacious, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented. Possess a high degree of initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; public speaking experience helpful.
- Possesses analytical skills and uses data to guide decision-making.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong computer skills; GiftWorks knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to prioritize projects while being flexible based on changing needs.
- Adheres to the ethical principles set forth by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
None. The database coordinator provides GiftWorks support. The director of communications provides all support related to events and marketing.
The Donor Relations Manager reports to the Executive Director.
About North Kent Connect:
North Kent Connect (NKC) is a Christian organization committed to improving the lives of all people in northern Kent County by providing access to basic needs and promoting economic independence. We connect people to resources so they can move forward and better their lives through our three focus areas – Crisis, Empowerment, and Fellowship programs. For 45 years, NKC has been the “go to” community resource in northern Kent County.
Send resume and a cover letter by May 31 to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed upon receipt and selected candidates will be interviewed immediately.
No phone calls, please.