Administrative Assistant Needed – Full Time
Do you enjoy talking with people? Do you find helping people reach their full potential a rewarding way to spend your day? Please read on if this sounds like you.
Our mission is to improve the lives of all people in northern Kent County by providing access to basic needs and promoting economic independence.
The Bilingual Administrative Specialist will provide professional administrative assistance for Client Services and other departments, ensuring consistent and efficient operations at North Kent Connect.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Answer, screen, and transfer inbound calls to appropriate staff.
- Receive and direct clients, volunteers and community members.
- Communicate with the public regarding the guidelines for all NKC departments (i.e. parameters for donating, pantry hours, public shopping days, etc.).
- Perform general clerical duties, including photocopying, cropping/folding documents, faxing, mailing and emailing.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails, including weekly staff email.
- Maintain office supply inventory.
- Train staff with the phone system.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment (photocopy machine and phone system).
- Maintain Gathering Room, Facilities and Google calendars.
- Receive in-kind donations and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Maintain multiple contact lists in order to communicate essential information.
- Coordinate meetings of Rockford Area Ministerial Association and other groups as needed.
- Assist in providing proofreading for NKC materials and publications.
Client Services Support
- Welcome new clients, explain the process for becoming a new client and schedule initial appointment with Client Service staff.
- Assist clients in navigating all North Kent Connect services.
- Complete client check-ins for Pantry services.
- Notify existing clients of the necessary updates of their records, explain the process of updating and schedule update appointments.
- Register clients for VIP events and make reminder calls to facilitators and attendees.
- Maintain a calendar of Client Services appointments, VIP events and food distributions.
- Compile a monthly calendar of all local food programs and distribute to our support pantries.
- Complete filings and assist in maintaining client database.
- Schedule tax appointments and make reminder calls.
- Complete client referrals to support pantries.
- Update Client Services TV monitor and VIP opportunities binder for waiting room.
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources in absence of Client Services case managers.
- Attend Client Services meetings and trainings.
- Assist with opening and closing of Client Services office.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Client Services or Executive Director.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities.
- Thorough computer technology competency, including all Microsoft Office programs.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding creative and critical thinking ability.
- Self-motivated: independent thinker who takes initiative and sees a project through to completion.
- Multitasker: ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and change management: the ability to effectively adapt to changes in policies, procedures, strategies, staffing and direction towards organizational productivity and success.
Apply at: https://www.indeed.com/job/administrative-specialist-240579e5e3670150
Resumes and cover letters will be reviewed upon receipt.