Database Specialist (20-24 hours a week) Part-Time/Flexible Schedule
Join a team of fun-loving individuals who love the NKC mission. This is a new position with flexible hours. We’re looking for someone who is process-oriented, loves databases, and is particular about details and accuracy.
About North Kent Connect
North Kent Connect (NKC) is a Christian organization committed to improving the lives of all people in northern Kent County by providing access to basic needs and promoting economic independence. Founded in 1973, NKC is the hub for community resources in northern Kent County. Through its Crisis, Empowerment, and Fellowship programs, NKC connects people to resources so they can move forward and better their lives.
The Database Specialist (a new position) will help further the mission of NKC by providing fundraising support for the organization. Under the direction of the Donor Relations Manager, the Database Specialist is responsible for the administrative tasks of the fund development department, including gift processing, donor acknowledgment, and donor database management.
Data Entry and Donation Processing
- Clean up and maintain database.
- Enter checks and online donations.
- Provide deposit reports for QuickBooks entries and transfer deposits to QuickBooks.
- Acquire documentation of pledges and enter them into the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Apply pledge payments, including payroll payments.
- Prepare end-of-month reports for QuickBooks reconciliation of pledges and unrestricted donations.
- Generate fund development reports such as donor retention, average gifts, and number of donors, etc.
- Assist with creation of donor lists and other gift queries and database reports as needed.
- File all donation-related paperwork and maintain organized filing systems.
- Remove duplicate constituents and merge donor records where necessary.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Answer phone and email inquiries regarding donations and event registrations.
Mailings and Mail List Maintenance
- Conduct database maintenance and clean-up projects to improve data integrity and database performance.
- Perform mail merges and assist with solicitation and other event-related mailings.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Experience working with CRM software strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities.
- Competency in Microsoft Office programs and basic computer use.
- Ability to demonstrate accurate math calculations for basic accounting.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and execute several critical projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Must embrace a team atmosphere and have a willingness to be flexible and open to change.
Apply at: http://bit.ly/DBSpecJob-NKC
No phone calls. Resumes will be reviewed upon receipt. Deadline for applications is Monday, December 9, 2019.