Case Manager Position
North Kent Connect. We’re a great small company with a big heart!
The NKC case manager will facilitate the achievement of client wellness and autonomy through advocacy, assessment, planning, communication, education, resource management, program development, and service facilitation. Based on the needs and values of the client, the case manager links clients with appropriate providers and resources throughout the community and empowers clients in the process of achieving their personal goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an enhanced case management program to assist clients develop and achieve goals toward meeting basic needs and increasing economic independence.
- Conduct needs assessment of clients to determine eligibility and needs and complete new client intake appointments.
- Conduct annual updates with clients to ensure their records are accurate.
- Make referrals to NKC educational programs and/or other community resources.
- Navigate MI Bridges Web site and become a Community Partner.
- Facilitate utility assistance program and determine eligibility of clients for special programs.
- Build client relationships and advocate for their needs.
- Complete referrals to support pantries.
- Maintain regular contact with community service providers and stay abreast of new community resources.
- Answer calls regarding resources and services in the community and assist clients as needed.
- Distribute monthly newsletters, schedules, client packets and other communications.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client records, maintain client database and prepare monthly reports on client services as requested.
- Facilitate routine formal and informal assessments of client services to ensure ongoing improvement to services.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Other duties as assigned by NKC Director of Client Services.
- Bachelors in Social Work strongly preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Minimum of one year of case management or comparable experience.
- Ability to form and establish positive partnerships in the community.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Have a good understanding of issues related to individuals and families that face socioeconomic challenges.
- Must have an ongoing commitment to cultural competency.
- Must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Must be creative and forward-thinking.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your desired salary. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. No phone calls, please.