Due to COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus), AARP tax preparation services have been suspended for the time being. We will alert you if we are able to accommodate future appointments, but for now they are canceled. We apologize for the inconvenience. VITA taxes (Tuesday evenings) are still running as scheduled at this time.
Contact NKC at (616) 866-3478 to schedule an appointment. Appointments are available Tuesdays from 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
What to bring on your scheduled tax day:
(Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time)
VITA Taxes (Tuesday evening appointments between 4:30 and 6:30 p.m.)
- Social security cards and birth dates for each family member as well as picture ID for adults.
- If married and filing jointly, BOTH spouses must be present.
- All income statements; W-2s, 1099s for other income, unemployment forms
- Disability income, Social Security Income, interest/dividend statements
- Proof of rent or mortgage and property tax payments
- Last November’s heating bill (to see if you qualify for the home heating credit)
- Health insurance statements, all forms 1095
- Childcare provider’s name, address and federal tax identification number
- Blank, voided check (to set up direct deposit of refund)
- A copy of last year’s tax return and any other tax related documents.
* There is a $52,000 income limit (must be below to qualify for free tax preparation through VITA)
Would you provide a meal for our volunteer tax preparers?
Meals for income tax volunteers are needed!
We are looking for volunteers to bring in a meal(s) of your choice on one or more of the Monday and Thursday lunches, or Tuesday evening dinners during tax season this year for our hard-working income tax prep volunteers. Many of our volunteers come to NKC right after work and stay well into the evening, so a meal is greatly appreciated.
We are in need of:
Should feed 8-10 people and should arrive by 11:45 a.m.
Tuesday Evening Dinners
Should feed 8-10 people and should arrive by 4:45 p.m.
Some suggested items are soups, chili, salads or casseroles, but feel free to make anything you like, or bring in a carry-out meal. We will gladly heat up a frozen meal as well. If you prefer to donate a gift card or make a monetary donation, we would be happy to purchase the food on your behalf.
To sign up, click on the link below, call Catherine Landers at (616) 866-3478 ext. 355 or email her at email@example.com.