Clothing & Houseware Donations
Clothing and houseware donations are only accepted on the south side of our building. Please, no large donations an hour before closing. PLEASE BAG OR BOX ALL ITEMS.
We accept the following:
- Clothing – Clean and in any condition except wet, covered in pet hair, or with an unpleasant odor
- Handbags and luggage
- Clean domestics – Curtains, linens, bedspreads, blankets
- Records, CDs, videos, DVDs
- Working electronics – CD & DVD players, game systems, radios
- Small working appliances – Blenders, mixers, microwaves, toasters, toaster ovens
- Housewares – Dishes, glasses, flatware, utensils, vases, lamps
- Collectibles, knick-knacks and decorations
- Sporting goods, exercise equipment and bicycles – No treadmills
- Toys and clean stuffed animals
We cannot accept the following items under any circumstances:
- Anything broken, damaged, rusted, or not working
- Computers and monitors
- Automobile parts of any kind – tires, rims, hubcaps
- Bathroom and kitchen fixtures
- Hazardous materials – Household chemicals, insecticides
- Cribs, playpens, car seats
- Large working appliances – Washers, dryers, stoves
- Home repair materials – windows, doors, lumber, drywall
- Weapons – guns, knives, collectible swords, ammunition
- Recalled items
- Rugs or carpets
- Playground equipment
- Patio furniture
Please do not donate food items that have expired. We do accept surplus food from local farms and businesses.
Donations of meat (venison, pork and beef)
We have an abundance of calls about donations of Venison (deer) meat and 4H animal donations. While we would love to be able to give donated meat away in our Free Market Pantry to our Clients, we must adhere to the guidelines provided by MDARD:
Venison must be processed by a MDARD-licensed facility and be properly labeled.
Beef and pork must be processed at a facility where the meat has been USDA inspected.
The meat must be properly labeled with: The Cut of the meat, weight, name and address of responsible party, and have the USDA seal of inspection.