North Kent Connect will continue to provide its Clients, volunteers, local media and other stakeholders with official news and information related to our response to COVID-19 pandemic, as well as that from our partners and other organizations in and around northern Kent County.
- Farm Stand to reopen Tuesdays starting May 12 (parking lot) Monday, May 4, 2020 Starting May 12, our Farm Stand will be available in our parking lot from 10 a.m. to noon every Tuesday. We will be follow the safety guidelines set by the State of Michigan, asking shoppers to wear masks and keeping 6-foot boundaries around our payment area. We will be taking Bridge Cards, Cash, and Debit… MORE
- VIDEO: Thank you, from us to YOU Friday, May 1, 2020 Because of all of your generosity, we can be there for all of you. Grant, our donor relations manager, and our entire team, would like to thank everyone in the northern Kent County community. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5lIo7DagqE MORE
- Meet the Case Managers (via Facebook Live) Thu 4/16 Tuesday, April 14, 2020 Join North Kent Connect case managers Taylor Vander Laan and Maddie Strom live this Thurs., Apr. 16 via Facebook Live. Maddie and Taylor will take your questions about what it means to be (or become) a client at North Kent Connect, our services during and after the pandemic, and how to apply. Register for free:… MORE
- Coronavirus Coverage: North Kent Connect in the News Sunday, April 12, 2020 The following is a list of feature profiles and pieces about North Kent Connect and our evolving response to the COVID-19 pandemic in northern Kent County: "Organization offers drive-up food pantry" Apr. 12, 2020 by Sarah Grimmer & FOX 17 Staff WXMI/FOX 17, Grand Rapids "Here is a list of food pantries offering modified services… MORE
- We’re Here For You: A Video Message from Claire Guisfredi Wednesday, April 8, 2020 During this unprecedented time, North Kent Connect is here for the people of northern Kent County, Michigan. While our doors are locked, we remain open for drive-up food assistance, and our Case Managers continue to work with and take on new Clients. https://youtu.be/6vhuSt2zstc Call us at 616-866-3478 or contact us online to learn more, or… MORE
- Dial 2-1-1 for help from Heart of United Way West Michigan Wednesday, April 1, 2020 Struggling to afford food, rent, or childcare during COVID-19? 2-1-1 can help! Call, text, or email to get referrals to resources here in Kent County. Learn more: https://www.hwmuw.org/211 MORE
- Area Shopping Hours for Seniors, Immunocompromised Individuals, Essential Workers Sunday, March 29, 2020 The following is a list of special retail hours for senior citizens, healthcare and other essential workers, as well as immunocompromised/supppressed people throughout northern Kent County during the pandemic. (NOTE: We will update this information as best we can, and are not responsible for incorrect or outdated dates, times and locations.) Dollar General On March… MORE
- UPDATED: IRS, State of Michigan Provide 90-Day Tax Extensions Friday, March 27, 2020 Both the IRS and Michigan are giving those who owe money for their 2019 taxes a 90-day extension for payment. (If you need more time than that, taxpayers can file an extension to push the due date to October 15.) There are no free in-person tax programs operating right now in Kent County. You can… MORE
- North Kent Connect receives ‘Coronavirus Response Fund’ grant Thursday, March 26, 2020 We are honored and humbled to have received a grant from the Heart of United Way West Michigan's "Coronavirus Response Fund" in March so that we may continue to distribute food boxes filled with fresh fruit and vegetables, dairy products, non-perishable items, and personal care items. Learn more: https://www.hwmuw.org/coronavirus-response-fund-updates MORE
- We Need Your Help; So Do 350 of Your Neighbors During The Pandemic Thursday, March 26, 2020 ➡️ DONATE: https://bit.ly/NKCDonate (PLEASE BE SURE TO TYPE “AS NEEDED” IN THE DESCRIPTION FIELD.) At North Kent Connect, we have had to close our building to clients and the public. However, we are providing healthy, fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy and non-perishable items to more than 350 people each week with our drive-up food distribution.… MORE
Recommended ways to protect yourself:
- Stay home if you feel sick, or if someone else in your home is sick.
- Wash your hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer as necessary, but not as a replacement for hand washing.
- Cover your mouth with your arm when you need to sneeze or cough (cough into your elbow).
For more information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please visit: