North Kent Connect will continue to provide its Clients, volunteers, local media and other stakeholders with official news and information related to our response to COVID-19 pandemic, as well as that from our partners and other organizations in and around northern Kent County.
- Thrift Store Is Open Thursday, May 28, 2020 Starting Monday, June 1, through June 13, we will be taking store shoppers by appointment. MORE
- North Kent Connect Community Food Program starting in June Wednesday, May 6, 2020 Open to NKC Clients, this 18-week garden program is in partnership with Plainsong Farm and requires an 18-week commitment to earn VIP credit. MORE
- May 2020 Food Resources Wednesday, May 6, 2020 All Mobile Pantries are providing drive-thru service at this time. All attendees should ensure there is space in the back of their vehicle for volunteers to load food. MORE
- Farm Stand to reopen Tuesdays starting May 12 (parking lot) Monday, May 4, 2020 Starting May 12, our Farm Stand will be available in our parking lot from 10 a.m. to noon every Tuesday. MORE
- VIDEO: Thank you, from us to YOU Friday, May 1, 2020 Because of all of your generosity, we can be there for all of you. MORE
- Meet the Case Managers (via Facebook Live) Thu 4/16 Tuesday, April 14, 2020 Maddie and Taylor will take your questions about what it means to be (or become) a client at North Kent Connect, our services during and after the pandemic, and how… MORE
- Coronavirus Coverage: North Kent Connect in the News Sunday, April 12, 2020 The following is a list of feature profiles and pieces about North Kent Connect and our evolving response to the COVID-19 pandemic in northern Kent County: "Organization offers drive-up food… MORE
- We’re Here For You: A Video Message from Claire Guisfredi Wednesday, April 8, 2020 While our doors are locked, we remain open for drive-up food assistance, and our Case Managers continue to work with and take on new Clients. MORE
- Dial 2-1-1 for help from Heart of United Way West Michigan Wednesday, April 1, 2020 Struggling to afford food, rent, or childcare during COVID-19? 2-1-1 can help! Call, text, or email to get referrals to resources here in Kent County. Learn more: https://www.hwmuw.org/211 MORE
- Area Shopping Hours for Seniors, Immunocompromised Individuals, Essential Workers Sunday, March 29, 2020 The following is a list of special retail hours for senior citizens, healthcare and other essential workers, as well as immunocompromised/suppressed people throughout northern Kent County during the pandemic. (NOTE:… MORE
Recommended ways to protect yourself:
- Stay home if you feel sick, or if someone else in your home is sick.
- Wash your hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer as necessary, but not as a replacement for hand washing.
- Cover your mouth with your arm when you need to sneeze or cough (cough into your elbow).
For more information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please visit: