We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
JOB OPENING: Director of Donor Engagement (Full-time Exempt)Come work for North Kent Connect in Rockford, Michigan
About North Kent Connect
North Kent Connect (NKC) is a Christian organization committed to improving the lives of all people in northern Kent County by providing access to basic needs and promoting economic independence. We connect people to resources so they can move forward and better their lives. We are a one-stop resource center in northern Kent County with a fresh foods Market Pantry, affordable items in our thrift store, rent/mortgage and utility assistance, educational programming, case management, and onsite collaborative partners (West Michigan Works! and Arbor Circle). We are expanding to include a Family Promise Day Center for families in crisis. The annual budget is $995,000.
NKC is looking for the right person to fit within our team of 15 amazing individuals. The staff describe our work environment as: creative, collaborative, professional, friendly, open to new ideas, welcoming, visionary, structured yet comfortable, adaptable, close-knit, peaceful hectic, cooperative, family-like, rewarding, something new every day, supportive, and fun. In addition to being an effective fund development professional, the ideal candidate would have a sense of humor, great work ethic, and willing to work closely with an executive director who loves fundraising and engaging people with our mission.
The focus of the Director of Donor Engagement is to develop and implement fundraising strategies to meet revenue goals for the NKC ministry through a systematic process of donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. The priority for the first four months is to close the Building Connections capital campaign. Upon completion of the campaign’s final Public Phase, the scope of the position involves creating and managing a comprehensive fund development plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Duties for Capital Campaign:
- Make follow up phone calls to current NKC donors in conjunction with mail appeal.
- Assist with logistics of any NKC capital campaign donor events and meetings.
- Support executive director’s work with major donors.
- Ensure that campaign progress reports are up-to-date.
- Follow up with capital campaign donors to thank, receipt, and update them on pledge status.
- Give building tours; contact people mostly by phone and in person.
- Work with the administrative specialist to oversee acknowledgement of all campaign gifts and pledges.
- Keep accurate spreadsheets of contacts and action steps.
- Provide reports (data analytics) for the board of directors.
- Continue stewardship of capital campaign donors.
Primary Duties for ongoing donor engagement efforts:
- Create Annual Fund Development Plan with measurable goals.
- Cultivate mid-level donors up to $5,000.
- Create regular development analysis reports for the executive director and board of directors.
- Develop Culture of Philanthropy among board and staff.
- Establish monthly donor program.
- Coordinate annual appeals with director of communications and follow-up.
- Solicit sponsorships for annual major fundraiser.
- Solicit in-kind donations as needed.
- Implement a Donor Stewardship Plan to recognize and engage donors of all levels.
- Must embrace the mission of North Kent Connect and be able to articulate it.
- Prior experience in sales or professional fundraising (at least 2-4 years preferred); experience working on a capital campaign a plus.
- Possess analytical skills and use data to guide decision-making; metrics-driven.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite; Bloomerang or other CRM knowledge.
- An exceptional listener.
- Capacity to build authentic professional relationships and engage people in the NKC ministry; willingness to meet face-to-face or virtually.
- Tenacious, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented. Possess a high degree of initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good networker.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; comfortable in a public speaking setting.
- Must be able to prioritize projects while being flexible based on changing needs.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Adheres to the ethical principles set forth by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
None. The administrative specialist processes all donations and enters them into Bloomerang. The director of communications provides all support related to events and marketing. This is a leadership position within the organization.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with education, background, and experience.
- Benefits include health insurance and PTO.
- Excellent coffee and enjoyable work environment.
- Flexible schedule.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 23, 2020. Resumes will be reviewed as received. No phone calls please.